Here are a few of the pieces I worked on Friday and yesterday. I played around with some negatives in my image editor, and learned a few things.
Purple does not transfer well to clay, the more intense the color, the worse the image...don't know if it was me or the clay or what, but I tend to think it was the image. Red and royal blue worked pretty well, and black was super, but it was a no-go on the purple, which is a shame, because I wanted to do something in purple for my friend Linda, she of the Ultra Violet Treasury below, who loves purple. Linda, how about a nice blue or red? No? Okay, back to the drawing board.
I get bored easily, and it is hard for me to make two of anything, which is why I don't do sets of beads very often. I definitely would not make two necklace designs exactly alike, but I don't even like transferring the same image twice. I made an exception with this Japanese Cherry Blossom image. It has gorgeous colors, a teal green, cherry red, and a blush pink, not to mention the delicate white blossoms. I did this image about a month ago in a microscope slide size, and gave it to one of my flickr buddies. It keeps pulling at me, so I decided this weekend to make a couple more, but in different sizes and shapes.
And something to make the backsides of my pendants and brooches more interesting: I added an image transfer to the reverse sides. I usually stamp the reverse with a texture sheet, but wanted to see if this would work, and I like it.