Monday, June 8, 2009

What I Did This Weekend

Here are a few of the pieces I worked on Friday and yesterday. I played around with some negatives in my image editor, and learned a few things.

Purple does not transfer well to clay, the more intense the color, the worse the image...don't know if it was me or the clay or what, but I tend to think it was the image. Red and royal blue worked pretty well, and black was super, but it was a no-go on the purple, which is a shame, because I wanted to do something in purple for my friend Linda, she of the Ultra Violet Treasury below, who loves purple. Linda, how about a nice blue or red? No? Okay, back to the drawing board.

I get bored easily, and it is hard for me to make two of anything, which is why I don't do sets of beads very often. I definitely would not make two necklace designs exactly alike, but I don't even like transferring the same image twice. I made an exception with this Japanese Cherry Blossom image. It has gorgeous colors, a teal green, cherry red, and a blush pink, not to mention the delicate white blossoms. I did this image about a month ago in a microscope slide size, and gave it to one of my flickr buddies. It keeps pulling at me, so I decided this weekend to make a couple more, but in different sizes and shapes.





And something to make the backsides of my pendants and brooches more interesting: I added an image transfer to the reverse sides. I usually stamp the reverse with a texture sheet, but wanted to see if this would work, and I like it.

4 comments:

sharon said...

Lynda, you are going off the charts with these....they are killer, especially the gray bird and the japanese cherry blossom!!!
Ohhh, soooo pretty!!

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Wow, Sharon. What a nice compliment, thank you so much! :)

Lynda

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Your pendants are a work of art! I shall get myself one some time, but choosing which one would be difficult! Have a great week ...

Love, Carolyn xx

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Aw, thank you, Carolyn. You all are so nice! You make my day!