Saturday, June 27, 2009

Toto, Are We Still In Kansas?

Where did my week go? It's been busy at Casa Diva this week. I've got so many projects to work on and jobs to do, I don't know if I'm coming or going. It's almost time for the Polymer Clay Artists Guild of Etsy's July Challenge, the theme of which is "Vessels". We have 12 beautiful entries so far, well, 11 beauties and mine, all of which you can check out at our flickr monthly challenge photo pool. Stay tuned, the voting will open on July 1st and run through midnight EST of July 7. Five (yes five!) lucky voters chosen at random will also receive polymer clay items created by our talented members.

I have been asked to exhibit my work at the Baltimore Clayworks this Fall. I am very excited, it is the first time I have ever done anything like this, and I have sketching ideas and culling through my pendant stash all weekend to get ideas about what to make.

A BIRD AND HER BAUBLES

A Bird and Her Baubles

WARRIOR QUEEN

Warrior Queen

GALAX ON MAHOGANY

Galax On Mahogany

I decided to raid my own personal collection and reworked a couple of necklace designs I have been saving for myself. I am going to pull out all the stops and send some really Diva-esque, showstopper pieces that make a statement and hopefully make my work recognizable. Here are two of the designs I reworked today from my own collection.

I need to squeeze in time to make some Pendants on leather cord for our PCAGOE "Pendants for a Purpose" project, too. These pendants will be donated to adult cancer patients around the country through one or more hospitals.

I also have several Bottles of Hope to complete. This time, we got the teeny weeny 1.5" bottles. I have six to make, and need to start thinking of ideas for those, too.

WHEW! Busy, busy week!

6 comments:

sharon said...

Lynda, your work just blows me away!

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Aw, thank you so much, Sharon. I'm blushing, really. What a lovely compliment!

Laurel said...

Those necklaces are
1. Stunning
2. Stunning
and
3. yep, you guessed it!

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Thank you so much, Laurel!

Jacki said...

Congratulations on your exibition! How wonderful for you. You do realize you deserve every accolade you receive I hope. Your work is stunning!

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Jacki, you made me cry, woman! Thank you so much for all your support and encouragement. I wish I could tell you and everyone else who comments on my posts how much it means to me. You are wonderful friends! Thank you!