Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Ass Is Grass And "Texture" Is The Lawnmower!

The theme of the September PCAGOE challenge is Texture. It is cutting my butt! I am all about smooth and glasslike and I cannot for the life of me come up with something I like for this challenge! I spent ALL DAY this past Saturday AND Sunday trying to come up with something that would work as an entry. 30 pendants or so later, I had some really pretty things, but none fit the category of "Texture". Sigh. I've got to go find my happy place for awhile.

This is one of the pendants I made. I actually think it is my favorite of all the pendants I've made so far. Faux Bone in Black and Gold 4I made it using the technique clayers use to make a faux bone finish, except I used black and gold metallic polymer clay. I really love this one, and it is mesmerizing. DO NOT STARE DIRECTLY AT IT! Watch out, it'll hypnotize you and I'll have you scratching behind your ear with your left leg and barking like a dog, not to mention what you might do to a fire hydrant.

Seriously, though. I really, really like the faux bone technique, and I am imagining all kinds of color combinations. Happy place, here I come. Somebody get me a margarita...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is amazing! What a beautiful piece - and truly unique.