Sunday, July 20, 2008

Art Bead Scene July Challenge

Under The Sea

I joined the Art Bead Scene Flickr group this morning, and entered my Under The Sea Necklace in the July Art Bead Challenge, the theme of which is Summer Vacation. I wanted the polymer clay pendant to resemble abalone, or something fishy and shimmery if I couldn't do that. I marbled Premo transluscent clay blended with pearl metallic clay as a base with an overlay of translucent clay tinted with alcohol inks.

Heather Powers of www.humblebeads.com is one of the reasons I joined PCAGOE. I have admired her work with polymer clay since I first started to study polymer clay techniques. Her beads are amazing. Although she is no longer with PCAGOE, I visit her website and the Art Bead Scene blog at www.artbeadscene.blogspot.com, which is one of my favorite blogs. It is well done, informative, and the art beads featured make my mouth water.

Please check out the ABS July challenge at www.artbeadscene.blogspot.com/2008/07/july-monthly-challenge-summer-vacation.html

No comments: