Sunday, June 8, 2008

Beaufort Bog - A Cure For What Ails Ya


The UGA/Studio clay color problems strained my creative thought process so much, I hit a brick wall Saturday and had to get out and do something different to get my mind on track, so I washed the car, shaved the cats and then went down to the local seafood store and bought the fixins for a good ol' Beaufort Bog. I love to cook, and 3 hours later, I was full of bog and all was right with the world again. I made a few Swarovski crystal and pearl wedding sets, two new polymer clay necklaces to add to the Etsy shop AND finished the cursed UGA pendants, although I may revisit them later. I am still not completely satisfied with the red color. Here they are in all their glory. Now I'm thinking they need some white and a little more tomato red than cherry red...

Beaufort Bog (Serves 10-12)

3-4 Tbs. (about 1/4 cup) Old Bay Seasoning
4 lbs. small red potatoes, skins on
2 lbs. Polksa Kielbasa Sausage, cut into 1/2" to 1" slices
6 Ears of Corn, broken into 3" lengths
4 lbs. large shrimp, shells on

Fill a large stock pot half full of water and bring to a boil. Add the Old Bay and the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes, then add the sausage and corn and cook another 10 minutes. Add the shrimp last and cook just until they turn pink, about 2 minutes. Drain and turn out onto a table spread with with newspaper and have at it.

2 comments:

calicodaisy said...

I love "bogs" but without the fish or shrimp - just sausage and/or chicken, please. Recipe looks good, though. -- michele

Ladypippie said...

I love those pendants. I love the colors and the designs.