Sunday, January 5, 2014

Thank you!

The new tutorial is getting great feedback from my customers, so I am breathing a big sigh of relief this morning.

I am always amazed at how many of you take the time to contact me and thank ME for writing the tutorials.

I am blown away by your encouragement and support.  

One lovely lady told me yesterday that that "not only is it concise and clear but it leaves room for my imagination to take over."  I almost cried.  That is exactly the feeling and excitement I hope you will have with my tutorials.  I want your imagination and creativity to take flight and soar!

There are a couple of things I wanted to mention from the feedback I have received so far.  

One customer did a search at polymerclayexpress.com for "chalk inks" and could not find any.  PCE's search engine is a little wonky, apparently.  The ColorSnap ColorBox Liquid Chalk inks are located here on their website.  Scroll down to the bottom for the re-fill bottles are at the bottom of the page, and are all in stock as of yesterday.  www.polymerclayexpress.com/products/inks/clearsnap/ink-pads If you cannot find the refill bottles, you may substitute the inked pads, but you won't get as much mileage out of them, and they do dry out quickly.

So, if you search for something from my source guide at PCE and cannot find it, please let me know and I will point you to the correct location.  I made sure before I published the tutorial that each component you need is available and in stock at the places I show in the source guide.  There is nothing more frustrating that not being able to put your hands on what you need when you want it.  

Second thing is, one customer asked whether I knew if the products used in my tutorial are tested on animals, or if they are cruelty-free.  I am sorry, but I do not know the answer to that important question.  If any of you have the same concern, I would direct you to the manufacturer's website.  I will check myself and see. I would hate to think any of them are, and if I do find out they are, I will try to find a suitable substitute.  

I am taking next week to get my tax information lined up, one more thing off my "to do" list, and then I am going back into the studio to see what new things I can come up with next!  

I hope all of you have a wonderful, joy-filled, healthy and prosperous new year in 2014!

7 comments:

Becky Chisenhall said...

I am so excited to see this new tutorial, Lynda! I am purchasing it first-thing on payday (this Friday). I always adore your tutorials and I know this one will be a favorite, as I love the work you've done with it. Best wishes in the New Year to you, as well!

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Thank you, Becky! You are a dear! :)

nelda said...

I came over from Polymer Clay Daily where your tutorial was mentioned and have fallen in love with some jewelry pieces on your ETSY site...such beautiful pieces at wonderful prices!

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Thank you for the lovely compliment, Nelda!

Anonymous said...

Lynda.... FIRST...MAJOR CONGRATS!!!! on the new tute!!! yay!!! LOVE it... I have tried a few veneers with the meager supplies I had and were able to aquire locally... LOVE IT will send you pictures very soon as one particular veneer is my favorite and will show a few of this pieces at a trunk show I am dong this weeekend.!!!!
I am having a real problem finding the colorbox re-inkers...i can get them through amazon showing pce as the shipper but for the life of me CANNOT find them on their website..ugh... I will piece it through the other items but would love to grab the whole lot of nkers from one place to save shipping... I didnt see the Ranger Metallic embossing powder either on their site either...I am surprised at that one.... any help would be appreciated..when my pieces are all assembled I will pass on pictures!!! The fact that after my first try on this tute with not all the correct suggested materials I hit a few I LOVE and that came out show worthy is AMAZING....this tute was so worth the wait!!!
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR SHARING THIS WONDERFUL TECHNIQUE!!!

YOURS IN ART....LISA FESTA_ESTRADA

Anonymous said...

That link you gave for PCE goes to an error page. I just checked their site and still cannot find the chalk re-inkers.

Anonymous said...

Try Sierra Enterprises for the chalk ink. If they don't have any, then consider making your own. All you need is some gouache paint and rubbing alcohol http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=vah1ii4mZYQ