Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

Like a beautiful pendant from my very good friend, Bonnie Lee Kreger!   

If you follow my Facebook Diva Designs page, you saw my post last week featuring some of the gorgeous faux pieces created by some of my customers who purchased my new tutorial, "Masterful Faux Made Easy."


Miss Bonnie created these beauties, and I just had to have the one on the top left.  She very generously mailed it to me, but because of the bad Winter weather we've been experiencing, it took awhile to get to my hot little hands.  I immediately knew what I wanted to do with it, and got out the beads and some of the faux turquoise disc beads I made a few months ago (a lesson on how to create the disc beads is included in the tutorial.)  

I bought a bunch of Regaliz Licorice Leather several months ago to create bracelets featuring polymer slides (how to create the slides is also included in the tutorial.)  I have a collection of leather pieces which are too short to use for bracelets, but I thought they would make pretty stations for a necklace.  I added Chartreuse Green o-rings, studded Copper rings, Green Chrysoprase rondelles framed in copper end caps, Copper Regaliz end clasps, Turquoise Howlite/Magnesite Rounds; aged, solid Copper round beads, and to top it off, a genuine, rough-cut Turquoise nugget which almost exactly matches Bonnie's gorgeous pendant.  


This is the result.  What do you think?  I love it, and this is just my style.  It is going into my personal collection.  I haven't made myself anything in ages!  

Check out my Diva Designs Facebook page to see some of the other fabulous creations made by some of my other customers. You will be amazed!  

Seeing my customers' creations is absolutely THE best part about writing tutorials!  Many of you are sending me photos of your faux creations, and I hope you will add them to my Flickr Customer Photo Gallery so I can show them off to everyone.  I am so proud of all of you!   


10 comments:

Bonnie Kreger at B-LEE KREATIONS said...

AGAIN,I love that necklace. It's amazing. I think you need to enter that one into a contest in Bead & Button Magazine or some where. Thank you again for the wonderful tutorial, my muse took a vacation over the holidays and your tutorial brought her home again.

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Thank you, Bonnie! I am happy if I helped your muse find the way home!

Diva Designs Jewelry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
delphine said...

rRWonderful !

Unknown said...

Hi... Great post. Really your King Manassa Turquoise Pendants looks gorgeous and the article is written very well. Keep posting this type of good work.

gelfling50 said...

That is simply gorgeous girl....I love it....what talent you have ty just amazing...can I have just a tenth of your talent....pretty please...lol...
Jacqueline Marchant
http://www.jaacquelinesjewels.blogspot.com/
gelfgirl73 on pinterest

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susantha Herath said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Clipping Path said...

Amazing post with lots of informative and useful and amazing content. Well written and done!! Thanks for sharing keep posting.

shiva said...

Hi good morning! I read the blog and Iam impressesd with blog. Iam also recently started startup in Hyderabad. Thank you.