Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Big, Bad Boo Boo, and I Don't Mean Honey

I just wanted to let everyone know the new tutorial will be delayed a few days.  I had intended to publish it by August 1st, but I did a really boneheaded thing last night which will cause a delay. I accidentally deleted the photos for three of the projects.  I am just sick about it, but it means I have to order new clay and start again with those projects, so I ask for your patience for just a little while longer.   THANK YOU! 

The good news is, while I wait on the new clay, I have time to read Cynthia Tinapple's new book, Polymer Clay Global Perspectives:  Emerging Ideas and Techniques from 125 International Artists, which was published last night.  I bought a copy at 12:47 a.m. for my Nook HD+, and ordered a hard copy this morning to show my friends and family.   I stayed awake until 2:15 looking at every page, absorbing all the beautiful artwork.  

I am so thrilled and deeply honored to be included in this important and incredible book.  It is as beautiful as I expected, Cynthia!   Thank you again for the honor of being included.  I am so excited, I can hardly breathe, and I am still pinching myself.  

I hope you will check it out and let me know what you think.  You can find me in the Texture Chapter, on page 66, right beneath Helen Breil.  Helen Breil, for goodness sakes!  If I'm dreaming, don't wake me, okay? 

Congratulations to Cynthia and to all the featured artists!  






4 comments:

John(SC) said...

Hi Lynda,
Quit beating yourself up. I'm a big believer in "things happen(or don't happen)" for a reason and don't worry about why. It just wasn't the right time for your tutorial to be released or it would have been. We're all still here, the sun still came up, you're still The DIVA. So what are you complaining about? It is what it is. Go to youtube, close your eyes, listen to IZ Kamakawiwo'ole sing Somewhere Over the Rainbow. That will make you feel better.
Behave now, ya hear,
John(SC)

stacilouise said...

I am off to order it now! I just saw it earlier, but now that I know you are in it, for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alice Stroppel said...

You deserve to be there Linda. Your work is always beautiful.

Alice

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda,

I only just saw this, and it's obviously too late now, but if you accidentally delete any files again -- as I've done on several occasions in the past -- they can often be "undeleted" if you act quickly enough that the hard disk or memory card space that they occupied hasn't been reused/overwritten. When you delete a file, in general terms all that normally happens is that it is marked as deleted, and the space it occupied is marked as available. That's straightforward to reverse. (If you "shredded" or did a secure delete, on the other hand, you'd be out of luck!)

Some of the cloud backup services are also quite handy, for instance for backing up specific file types, or files in designated areas, automatically. They'll generally give you access to either a certain number of past versions, or a certain historical time period, so if an error or loss isn't immediately apparent you still have a good chance to recover what you need. (I've killed a lot of hard disks, so I've learnt to be paranoid about such things!)

I'm really looking forward to your new tutorial, but in the meantime I'll check out this new book and your feature in it!

All the best,

Sue