Monday, December 13, 2010

Slap Out Of Clay Until January

Since I started with polymer clay, I have never run slap out (a quaint Southernism), but I am slap out of clay at the moment, and won't be ordering any until after the first of the new year. I guess that means I am on vacation!

Bird Bead Charms Group 2

3/4" x 1/8" double-sided bird charms

Bird Beads Group 1

Various bird beads, some double-sided, 1" to 2" tall

The last of the clay went for these bird beads, some of which are for a trade between me and my friend Laura Boner-Leidy, who has a shop at Etsy called LauraBeeStudios. Laura made me a gorgeous, mouth-wateringly delicious black and cream necklace to wear to a wedding next weekend, and I in turn made a bunch of bird beads for her. And what she didn't choose, I decided to doody up (another quaint Southernism, we're just slap full of them) a few with some Swarovski crystal and some Vintaj brass. I must say, I am very pleased with the doodied-up ones.

Caged Bird Polymer Clay Pendant with Dark Indigo Swarovski Crystal and Vintaj Brass Caged Bird Polymer Clay Pendant with Dark Indigo Swarovski Crystal and Vintaj Brass

I purchased some Gilder's Paste from www.gilderspaste.com a few weeks ago, after seeing Cynthia's feature on it at PolymerClayDaily. I'm still on the learning curve with GP and polymer, but it looks fantastic on the Vintaj.

I purchased a bunch of the metallic paste colors and a few of the matte colors, and applied a mixture of bronze and silver and black to some Vintaj left and right fern fastenables that weren't the same color because they apparently didn't come from the same color batch. I made them one color, mother being the necessity of invention and all that. These swishy earrings are the result. LOVE them!

Pretty Bird Pendant with Carnelian, Light Topaz Swarovski and Vintaj Brass Swan Lake Pendant with Crystal Clear AB Finish Swarovski, Polymer Clay Bezel and Vintaj Brass Carnelian Drop Earrings with Vintaj Brass Fern Fastenables and Khaki Swarovski Crystal

7 comments:

Fabi said...

Maravillosos !!!!me encantan !!!
Felices Pascuas !!

SueBeads said...

Gahgeous! (southern accent)

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Thank you both!

Gaina said...

Beautiful :). I haven't played with my clay for months so I think I'll go back to that and trying making some more beads soon.

I really like your new blog layout as well!

m.e. said...

y'al did such a amazin job with those doodied up beads.
Girl, they are just go-gous !!!
LOVE them !!!
Can't want to see more Vintaj,guilders paste ,SCDiva bead combos!!! Perfect together !!!
m.e .:)

JuLee said...

Enjoy your vacation.
I enjoyed the phrase "snap out" - one I have not heard before.

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Thank you so much, my friends! Happy Christmas to you, too! :)