Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sisterhood Award Winner

Wow, I won a Sisterhood Award for my "creative and informative blog"!

Thank you so much to Ruth, a/k/a Lanyardlady for nominating me for this wonderful award. See, Momma, I told you talking to myself wasn't crazy! Even though it seems at times I really am talking to myself when I blog, I love doing it and I try to make the place look attractive and inviting, too. It is really nice to see my efforts are appreciated and liked by others as well.

AND, the best part about winning the award is that I get to nominate 5 more women myself! So, here are my nominations for inspirational, informative, creative blogs and the woman behind them. Two of the nominees are sisters of the heart, 3 are fellow PCAGOE members, and all are talented women who inspire me daily.

Linda Riopel is a very talented artist and a wonderful friend. She is a sister of the heart to me, and an endless source of inspiration and encouragement. You have seen me blog Linda's accomplishments and generosity many, many times. She gives selflessly of herself to all the PCAGOE members. She serves as our membership secretary, cheerleader and is a mentor to many, including me.

Pippa Chandler is my good friend from "across the pond". Pippa lives in England and is a delight to know. She is a huge source of encouragement to me and is a wondeful artist. Pippa is the only other person I know who is as devoted to sanding and buffing polymer clay as I am.

Marcia Palmer is also a fellow PCAGOE member, and is in fact the reason I found PCAGOE in the first place. I stumbled across Marcia's store at Etsy one night shortly after opening my Etsy store, and my jaw dropped at the beautiful jewelry she creates from polymer clay.

Julie Eakes The things I could do if I had talent like Julie Eakes. My jaw has hit the floor several times over the past few days, but never as much as when I visit Julie's beautiful blog. She is a master at polymer clay canemaking. Her fingers are the paint brush, and I am SO JEALOUS, I can't even begin to tell you how jealous, I am of her extraordinary talent. You owe it to yourself to visit her blog and see her artistry. The Obama face cane is not to be missed.

Sonia Romero I've built several treasuries around Sonia's beautiful prints. She creates with printmaking like I want to create in polymer clay. I love the graphics and colors she chooses, the clean lines and crisp style. Her blog is one I visit often and just drool when I see something new. Sonia, if I hit the lottery, yours is the first stop on my spending spree!

So thank you ladies, for the inspiration and encouragement. I am honored to nominate each of you for the Sisterhood Award.

3 comments:

Marcia P. said...

Thank you Lynda. I will enjoy passing this on!

Kate said...

Congratulations on your award for your beautiful and informative blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, ladies!