Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tutorial #8 How To Create Perfectly Textured Multi-Dimensional Focal Beads

I've been working on two tutorials simultaneously, intending to publish the other one before this one, but in the wee hours of the morning, this one got to the finish line first.

I have more people ask me about my creative process for the round, textured focal beads more than any of my other work, so I decided to let you all in on my secret. No, I don't roll the clay base bead onto the rubber stamp or texture sheet. No, I don't stuff the clay base bead into a silicone mold. No, I don't texture two half moons and smush them together. If you've tried that, you know it doesn't work anyway, all you get is a mashed pattern.

I am very excited to debut the focal bead tutorial, and I hope it helps a lot of people who scratch their heads to figure out how to get a good stamping on a round bead. And yes, I do sand and buff every one of these! Hee Hee

PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED MY FAUX JADE TUTORIAL, YOU ALREADY HAVE THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS TUTORIAL AND DO NOT NEED TO PURCHASE IT AGAIN. PLEASE REFER TO THE FAUX YELLOW JADE BEADS IN THE SPECIAL JEWELRY PROJECTS IN THE FAUX JADE TUTORIAL. THANK YOU!

5 comments:

Nena said...

You are a wealth of knowledge.

Bonnie Kreger at B-LEE KREATIONS said...

Lynda, these beads are beautiful. Looks like a great tutorial. I'm so glad you mentioned the information about the Faux Jade Tutorial. I love that tutorial and I would recommend that to seasoned clayers and newbies. I don't think there is another one out that has as much information not only about faux jade but amazing clay techniques in general. The way you do the textured beads makes so much sense. As I told you before, I debated about spending $25 for a tutorial but I wouldn't sell it back to you for $100. LOL It's mine and I'm keeping it, you can't have it back.
Thank you again for your wonderful work and great tutorials. It makes doing clay so much more exciting.

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Oh, my you two are giving me goosebumps and a lump in my throat, ladies! :)

Thank you so much for the lovely compliments, Bonnie, it means a lot to me coming from an artist of your caliber. I'm so happy you love the tutorial, I put my heart into writing it, so thank you again!

m.e. said...

I HAD to have this one!!!
Lynda your tutorials are AMAZING!!!
I noticed this post last night,
while having dinner at my favorite restaurant! Thank goodness for my i-phone !
I had a delicious Shrimp Scampi and ordered "tutorial # 8" for dessert!!!! m.e. :D

graduation day gifts said...

Wow, amazing tutorial.Thanks for sharing it which is so great and wonderful too.