Friday, May 28, 2010
A Very Special PCAGOE Challenge
1) Teeny Tiny Tin by NKDesigns
2) Faux Granite and Abstract Inlay by 11BoldStreet
3) Clownfish Have Feelings Too by CreativeArtCenter
4) Teal Leaves by PipsJewellery
5) Falcon Lady by SCDiva
6) Butterfly Tin by ArrowdaleArtStudio
7) Turquoise Delight by LaurelSteven
8) Retro Cobblestones by Polyclarific
9) Someday My Prince Will Come by HappyCreations4U
10) Imagine by TheColorOfDreams11) Abstract Blues by HiGirls
12) Little Box of 1001 Dreams by ClayCenter
13) Mixed Media Mosaic by Juliespace
14) Floral Medallion with Silver Braid by MirameCreations
15) Bloom Where You Are Planted by BeeTreeByMe
16) Dreaming of New Orleans by YoungCreative
17) Groovy Tin by RenGalSA
18) Carnivale! by BlessedBeadJewelry
19) Keychain Tin by MichelesArtJewelry
20) Misty Water Garden by AshPaints
21) Springtime for a Transplanted Jersey Girl by ToniNZ
22) Elegant Seashell Canework by CraftsByCAG
23) Spring Rain by KellyPlaysClay
24) Pastel Skinner Blend with Leaf Motif by Peggers
25) Rainbow Millefiori by PolymerClayCreations
26) Treasure The Moment by MichellesClay
27) Connections - Textured Asian-Inspired Keepsake Box by MarciaPalmer
28) Turquoise Jewels by CreateMyWorld
29) Ali Cat by AlisonEKurek
The June challenge sponsored by the Polymer Clay Artists Guild of Etsy, is a very special challenge for us. The theme for June is "Think Outside The Box." The participating members all started off with the same-sized, 2.5" x 2", hinged, aluminum tin. We could cover it with polymer clay and any other material in any design, pattern or colors we chose. 29 of us took the challenge, and just look at all the amazing creations!
In addition to being able to vote for your top 3 favorites this month, you will also be able to bid on your favorites! We will be auctioning off all the tins to the highest bidder during challenge week from June 1st to midnight, Eastern U.S. time on June 7, 2010 to benefit our team charity, Polymer Clay For A Cause.
Bidding begins at $10 for each tin, and there is no limit. Interest has grown steadily since the photos starting appearing at flickr, so if you see one you really want, better get out the piggy bank and the hammer and prepare to bust it open.
Polymer Clay For A Cause was established by PCAGOE member Angela Anderson in memory of her 14 year old daughter, Cortney, who died after a life-long battle with Muscular Dystrophy. You can read more about Cortney at PCFAC and check out items in the Etsy shop created and donated by our talented member artists. In fact, I was cruising through the PCFAC shop day before yesterday and snagged a OOAK Laurel Abrams necklace for $25! Angela donates the proceeds to children's charities, and to date, we have raised over $500.
We are also giving away a bunch of polymer prizes! In addition to 5 lucky voter winners, we are also giving away a beautifully decorated and finished tin created by Jeanette of ClayHappy to one of the bidders. So if you vote, you could win; and if you bid, you could win!
So, please vote for your top 3 favorites at www.pcagoe.com beginning June 1, and we hope you'll place a bid on them, too and help us honor Cortney's memory and help brighten the life of a child in need.