Monday, October 19, 2009

What I Did This Weekend

It was a very busy weekend at the Diva house. I had several custom orders to make and mail. I also wanted to get started on my entry for the PCAGOE November challenge, the theme of which is "Metallic Showdown"; and more Christmas ornaments in the PCDiva shop, after Miss Lynn (Thank you, Lynn!) bought half my inventory; and I have been dying to experiment some more with the cylindrical-shaped beads like the balloon beads below.

In the past few weeks, I've had requests for more Pendants using the vintage William Morris textile images and the vintage Japanese Woodcut images, and some animal print pendants, so I made several of each of those, and sat down to improve on the prototype for the "balloon beads". I made these lovelies, which I am calling my Vintage French Ephemera Series. I ran out of the 20mm copper bead caps (and cannot for the life of me remember where I purchased them!) and I had some 5mm sterling silver pandora rivets, so I used them instead. I can't wait to try this shape with the heirloom roses and vintage florals... and butterflies... and animal prints... and stamped...

Vintage French Ephemera Series

Yowzer, aren't they pretty, if I do say so myself?

2 comments:

SueBeads said...

Yes, they are beautiful! I love the Eiffel Tower!

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Thank you, Sue!