Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October ABS Entry - Southwestern Landscape Series - Red Rock Canyon Earrings


A Hedgehog in a Landscape, 1643-51
9¼ x 15 in. 23.5 x 38 cm. bodycolor on vellum
by Giovanna Garzoni

Color Palette
I went to check the blog at ArtBeadScene this morning to see if the new challenge art was up on the site yet, and did a double take when I saw the hedgehog.  I was scratching my head trying to figure out what to create for this one, when I realized I actually already had the perfect entry.  These polymer clay earrings, which I created last week, compliment the challenge color palette, and they are even shaped like a hedgehog!    

I was the first entry this month, too, which never happens (sorry, M.E., my friend.)  I am doing the happy dance this morning.  No waiting until the last minute and making myself crazy trying to come up with a decent design.  It is done!  Yay!  

Thanks again ladies, for the awesome, inspiring art, although I went about it a bit backwards this month. 





5 comments:

Karen Gille said...

These are awesome. You must spend a lot of time sanding! I love how smooth and shiny the beads look, and the colors are beautiful, too.

m.e. said...

LOL!!!You DID beat me !!!
I love the feeling of texture you captured. Although I KNOW you sanded and polished these smoother than glass!!!
Sooooo beautiful !!!
m.e. :)

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Thank you, ladies!

KGille, I do spend a lot of time sanding and buffing. I feel guilty when I don't. :)

M.E., sorry to beat you out of getting in first, I had no idea you hadn't posted yet! LOL

Alice said...

Goodness, I just love the polished look of these beads. The colors are just amazing together, and they represent their name well.

Karen Williams said...

Very polished and contemporary. Nice!