Thursday, September 8, 2011

I Will

What will you do to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the terrorist attacks against the United States of America on September 11, 2001?

I will proudly fly the United States flag.
I will recite the pledge of allegiance, with emotion choking my heart.
I will grieve again the loss of so many innocent lives.
I will honor the many heroes from that day by giving blood.
I will tell my family I love them, because we never know when our next breath will be our last.
I will say a prayer for peace on Earth.


The Pledge of Allegiance
 
I pledge allegiance to the flag
Of the United States of America
And to the Republic
For which it stands,
One nation, under God
With liberty and justice for all.


 
photo courtesy of cutcaster.com

1 comment:

Roberta Warshaw said...

What I will not do is watch TV. All the hype, the lead up, the coverage....it is just still too raw. Too scary. Too painful. I want to escape that day and not be reminded of it visually. I don't want to see replays of the planes. The blue sky. I can never look at a blue sky the same way ever again.
No I cannot watch TV that day.