Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas In The Diva Studio

2010 Holiday Ornament Collection - Victorian Angels with Basket 2010 Holiday Ornament Collection - Victorian Child with Fruit and Tree

I have been working like the Dickens, pun intended, to create my 2010 Holiday Jewelry and Ornament collection, after deciding the theme would be "Victorian Romance."

2010 Holiday Ornament Collectin - Victorian Snow Girl with Red Umbrella 2010 Holiday Ornament Collection - Victorian Santa in Crimson

I probably have the largest collection of vintage Victorian Christmas and holiday images of anyone, even digital sellers. There is something about the vintage graphics and the color palettes that pull me in and immediately put me in the Christmas spirit.

2010 Holiday Ornament Collection - Victorian Aqua Angel Heart 2010 Holiday Ornament Collection - Victorian Boy with Tree

Here are the first of the finalized design for Set 1 of the ornaments, predominantly featuring image transfers. Since I am known primarily for my image transfer work and my mica shift (no slicing or squishing!), I wanted to incorporate both techniques into the collection this year, so I "framed" each of these ornaments in a custom blended antique, burnished gold metallic clay on the sides and back; and added Swarovski and Jablonex crystals and lots of little antique brass components to achieve that Vintage Victorian look. I am very pleased with the results. This is one time when the execution exactly matched the plan. I think they are very romantic. My only problem is now I don't want to sell them, I want to keep them all for myself. Sigh...

Victorian Christmas Ornament - Burnished Gold - Amethyst Angel Cylinder Bead (2) Victorian Christmas Ornament - Burnished Gold - Amethyst Angel Cylinder Bead (4)

Set 2 will be predominantly mica shift, and this is the prototype for the set. I had a few structural issues with such a large cutout, so I'm rethinking the size, but hope to have more of these to post by the weekend.

Silver Heart Pendant with Garnet Swarovski Drop Silver Heart Pendant with Garnet Swarovski Drop

Silver Heart Earrings with Garnet Swarovski Drop Silver Heart Pendant and Earrings with Light Topaz Swarovski Drop

Victorian Christmas Pendant Burnished Gold Heart with Amethyst Swarovski Crystal Victorian Christmas Earrings Burnished Gold Hearts with Garnet Swarovski Crystals

Set 3 will be the jewelry collection. I blended some antique silver and used the burnished gold for a few pieces, and I hope to post photos of those in the next day or two. All the pieces will incorporate the mica shift in silver or gold and image transfers.

Copper Phoenix and Jadeite Green Earrings (2) Ancient Egyptians and Iolite Earrings2 (1)

I also have gotten back into making earrings. When I was making them 2-3 years ago, they didn't have any polymer components because I wasn't making small beads then. Well, I can't say that now, so I thought I would try a few in my signature antique copper metallic clay blend with various shades of turquoise. Now I need four hands, two to create Christmas ornaments and two to create earrings. Oh well, who needs sleep, right?

2 comments:

Laura Twiford said...

Lynda these are beuatiful! I love all the vintage images too, Christmas, halloween easter, you name it, they draw me in like a moth to a flame everytime! They will be great sellers

stregata said...

These are all absolutely awesome!